Thursday, November 28, 2013

Strange Radio Emission Event on 20.1 Mhz

 
At 8:03 p.m. PST on Nov. 28 (0403 UTC Nov. 29), I happened to be recording my 20.1 Mhz reception, when this interesting event unfolded. I was also capturing the spectrum of the receiver at the time, so I have an interesting documentation of what seems to be a Jupiter L Burst.
I checked the Jupiter Radio Storm Prediction for this period, and this event occured at the end of a predicted A/Io-A event.
Did anyone else catch this, or has anyone ever heard this kind of burst before?
(Note the "residual" spectrum of the event fading off?)
 
Jim Tegerdine, Meadowcreek Park Observatory
Marysville, WA, USA

1 comment:

Jim Tegerdine said...

I found out that this radio interference was caused a "sweeper" from a Naval Radar facility.